All clients should read this carefully before booking
1. As required by Department of Employment regulations, RapidTalent booking form contains the terms of the booking must be signed and returned by the client.
2. Permitted Use. In general, booking fees cover the right to use one image for one year from the date of the booking, in the UK only, for the initial Permitted Use.
3. Daily/Hourly Rate. Booking fees are charged by the day or by the hour.
4. Overtime. Overtime rates apply before 9 am, after 6 pm and on all bookings over eight hours.
a The overtime rate is one-and-a-half times the daily rate between 18.00 and 24.00 hours.
b. A special rate is negotiated for night work between 24.00 and 09.00 hours.
c. Work on Saturdays is at one-and-a-half times the normal rate.
d. Work on Sundays and Bank Holidays is at double the normal rate.
5. Travel. Travel will be charged at half the hourly rate: this applies to travel outside a 5 mile radius of Hyde Park Comer (ie Chiswick in the West, Golders Green and Highgate Village in the North, Mile End in the East, Streatham Hill and Tooting Bec in the South.
6. Fittings Fees for fitting are charged at half the hourly rate with a minimum of £50 per hour.
7. Location Bookings If a model on location is prevented from resuming to London to work - half the daily fee is to be paid. (N.B. when a location booking is made the client must provide information about transport there and back).
To be agreed at the time of the booking.
8(a). Usage. Add Additional fees are payable for the right to use the photographs (or reproductions, or adaptations of, or drawings there from, either complete or in part alone or in conjunction with any wording or drawings: including electronic imaging for all known or anticipated purposes other than the initial Permitted Use. (e.g. Packs, Posters, Showcards, Record Covers, Swing Tickets etc.). In general the additional fees cover the right to use one image for one year from the date of the booking, in the UK only, for the purpose or purposes agreed.
8(b). Territory. Add Additional fees are also payable for the right to use the photographs (or reproductions, or adaptations of, or drawings therefrom, either complete or in part, alone or in conjunction with any wording or drawings: including electronic imaging) for all known or anticipated territories other than the UK In general, the additional fees cover the right to use one image for one year from the cute of the booking, in the territory or territories agreed.
To be agreed at the time of booking.
9(a). Usage. it is the client's responsibility to notify the agent and negotiate additional fees (including extensions of existing agreements) for any usage which may be required or anticipated subsequent to the time of booking as per 8(a) above.
9(b). Territory It is the client's responsibility to notify the agent and negotiate add additional fees (including extensions of existing agreements) for any territory which may be required or anticipated subsequent to the time of booking as per 8(h) above.
10(a). All bookings excepting Equity Contract TV Commercials: the agency charges a supplement of 20% on all hourly, daily and usage fees. Both agency lees and model fees will be invoiced by the agent. Unless otherwise agreed at the time of booking the model d disbursement is included at 66.66% and the agent's fee at 33.33% of the invoice total. VAT and any agreed expenses will be added where appropriate.
10(b). Equity Contract TV Commercials: the fee negotiated by the agent is the artist's fee from which the agency commission will be deducted at 20% of the invoice total. VAT and agreed expenses will be added where appropriate.
11. On all invoices payment is required within 30 days of date of invoice. In all cases the person booking the model will be invoiced and solely responsible for payment, unless otherwise agreed at the time of booking.
We reserve the right to invoice the 'ultimate client' (i.e.designer/manufacturer/owner of the product in question). All fees are for the right to use pictures and once agreed, are payable whether or not the use is appropriate.
12 Exclusion Fees. A special fee will be negotiated when the work is in conjunction with a product which precludes work for competing products. It is the CLIENT'S responsibility to check whether conflicting work has been done. If a model advertises a product he/she is able to work for any competitor unless an exclusion fee is negotiated.
13. Provisional bookings will be automatically cancelled if they are not confirmed within 24 hours of the proposed booking, or if a definite booking is offered and the provisional cannot be confirmed.
14. If a booking is cancelled within one working day of the starting time the full fee will be charged unless the same model is re-booked within 24 hours in which case half the fee will be charged. If a booking is cancelled outside the one day period but within two working days of the starting time then half the fee will be charged. However if a booking is cancelled because of illness or some other reason beyond the models' or agents' control (and upon the production of the appropriate evidence) the model shall not he liable for cancellation charges.
Bookings of more than three days duration: if the booking is cancelled within a period equal to the length of the booking, then the full fee is charged. Saturdays, Sundays and Bank Holidays are excluded from these calculations. This is a reciprocal arrangement between model and client.
15. Weather Permitting Bookings. At the first cancellation a half fee is charged unless the client fails to cancel in time to prevent the model's attendance, when the full fee is payable. At the second cancellation the full fee is charged.
16. Clients are responsible for models' meals on all bookings outside the London area (see 5.)
17. Payment of the agreed fee confers the right to make use of a model's services or the catwalk for the specified show and the right to use photographs and video of the show for REPORTING PURPOSES ONLY. Any other usage must he negotiated at the time of the booking.
18. All fees will be invoiced to the record company. For all videos the normal daily, rates will apply PLUS a buy-out to be negotiated.Test & Experimental Photography.
19. A Photographer is not entitled to use test and experimental photographs for commercial purposes unless specific arrangements have been made before the photographic session.
20. The photographer is not entitled to use any of the images he takes for any usage beyond that agreed under sections 2, 8, 9 above. The photographer to this extent agrees to restrict use of his copyright and if the model agency client is not a photographer, the client is to draw these terms and conditions to the attention of the photographer and obtain his agreement to them before the shoot commences.
21. Any cause for complaint should be reported when it arises. Complaints cannot be considered in retrospect.
AS THE SUPPLIER OF SERVICES THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS TAKE PRECEDENCE OVER ANY TERMS AND CONDITIONS WHICH MAY BE RECEIVED FROM THE CLIENT EVEN IF THOSE TERMS AND CONDITIONS HAVE A CLAUSE SIMILAR TO THIS.
All fees are to be negotiated only with Lee's People.
Photographs may not he used until all fees are paid in full.
Whilst every endeavour is made to provide satisfactory and efficient service to our clients we cannot be held responsible for a models conduct on an assignment.
We reserve the right to negotiate within the structure of these terms and conditions.
National Minimum Wage Rates
As at 1 October 2009 the rates are due to rise to:
£5.80 an hour for workers aged 22 and over
£4.83 an hour for 18-21 year olds
£3.57 an hour for 16-17 year olds